- This event has passed.
Ultrasound Training Echuca
October 16, 2021 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
THIS TRAINING SESSION WILL NOT BE RUNNING.
We will attempt to reschedule for 2022 and all previous participants will be notified.
An opportunity for junior Doctors and GP’s in the GV region to complete an ultrasound training course in Shepparton.
A choice of four modules provided by Zedu Ultrasound Training Solutions.
Vascular access (first module) is mandatory, and then each additional module can be booked individually.
Saturday 16th October.
Morning Session – Vascular Access
This is a core module, and a pre-requisite for all other sessions .
- Use ultrasound system controls to optimise imaging for accurate diagnosis
- Develop proficiency in probe manipulation to efficiently acquire diagnostic images
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of the vascular anatomy for injection
- Demonstrate ultrasound guided needle placement in plane and out of plane for vascular access and procedural applications using ultrasound simulators.
Afternoon Session – Lumps & Bumps
- Describe the limitation and clinical integration of ultrasound for the examination of lumps and bumps
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of lumps and bumps
Sunday 17th October.
Morning Session – Renal
- Describe the limitations and clinical integration of renal ultrasound
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of the kidneys and bladder in the investigation of abdominal pain.
Afternoon Session – Gallbladder
- Describe the limitations and clinical integration of gallbladder ultrasound
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of the gallbladder in the investigation of abdominal pain
Morning tea & Lunch provided.
Each module is valued at $500, however has been heavily subsidised by the GV Regional Training Hub. Cost for attendees is reduced to $100 per module.
Further Ultrasound Training scheduled in Wangaratta 10 & 11 Jul and Shepparton 2 & 3 Oct and will include the following modules.
- Nerve Blocks
If you are interested in these additional modules, please contact [email protected]