- This event has passed.
Ultrasound Training Shepparton
September 25, 2021 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
An opportunity for junior Doctors and GP’s in the GV region to complete an ultrasound training course in Shepparton.
Two modules provided by Zedu Ultrasound Training Solutions.
Vascular access (first module) is mandatory prior to completing eFAST.
Saturday 25th September.
Morning Session – Vascular Access
This is a core module, and a pre-requisite for all other sessions .
- Use ultrasound system controls to optimise imaging for accurate diagnosis
- Develop proficiency in probe manipulation to efficiently acquire diagnostic images
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of the vascular anatomy for injection
- Demonstrate ultrasound guided needle placement in plane and out of plane for vascular access and procedural applications using ultrasound simulators.
Afternoon Session – eFAST
- Describe the limitations and clinical integration of the eFAST ultrasound examination
- Apply the eFAST protocol to conduct a systematic ultrasound assessment of a trauma patient.
Morning tea & Lunch provided.
Each module is valued at $500, however has been heavily subsidised by the GV Regional Training Hub. Cost for attendees is reduced to $100 per module.
Further Ultrasound Training scheduled in Shepparton 2 & 3 Oct and Echuca 16 & 17 Oct and will include the following modules.
- Lumps & Bumps
If you are interested in these additional modules, please contact [email protected]