Ultrasound Training Echuca
An opportunity for junior Doctors and GP’s in the region to complete an ultrasound training course in Echuca.
A choice of four modules provided by Zedu Ultrasound Training Solutions.
Vascular access (first module) is mandatory, and then each additional module can be booked individually.
Saturday 16th October.
Morning Session – Vascular Access
This is a core module, and a pre-requisite for all other sessions .
- Use ultrasound system controls to optimise imaging for accurate diagnosis
- Develop proficiency in probe manipulation to efficiently acquire diagnostic images
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of the vascular anatomy for injection
- Demonstrate ultrasound guided needle placement in plane and out of plane for vascular access and procedural applications using ultrasound simulators.
Afternoon Session – Lumps & Bumps
- Describe the limitation and clinical integration of ultrasound for the examination of lumps and bumps
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of lumps and bumps
Sunday 17th October.
Morning Session – Renal
- Describe the limitations and clinical integration of renal ultrasound
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of the kidneys and bladder in the investigation of abdominal pain.
Afternoon Session – Gallbladder
- Describe the limitations and clinical integration of gallbladder ultrasound
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of the gallbladder in the investigation of abdominal pain
Morning tea & Lunch provided.
Each module is valued at $500, however has been heavily subsidised by the GV Regional Training Hub. Cost for attendees is reduced to $100 per module.
Further Ultrasound Training scheduled in Wangaratta 10 & 11 Jul and Shepparton 2 & 3 Oct and will include the following modules.
- Nerve Blocks
If you are interested in these additional modules, please contact Louise.Pearce@unimelb.edu.au