Ultrasound Training Wangaratta
An opportunity for junior Doctors and GP’s in the Hume region to complete an ultrasound training course in Wangaratta.
A choice of four modules provided by Zedu Ultrasound Training Solutions.
Vascular access (first module) is mandatory, and then each additional module can be booked individually.
Saturday 10th July.
Morning Session – Vascular Access
This is a core module, and a pre-requisite for all other sessions .
- Use ultrasound system controls to optimise imaging for accurate diagnosis
- Develop proficiency in probe manipulation to efficiently acquire diagnostic images
- Use a systematic approach to conduct ultrasound assessment of the vascular anatomy for injection
- Demonstrate ultrasound guided needle placement in plane and out of plane for vascular access and procedural applications using ultrasound simulators.
Afternoon Session – eFAST
- Describe the limitations and clinical integration of the eFAST ultrasound examination
- Apply the eFAST protocol to conduct a systematic ultrasound assessment of a trauma patient.
Sunday 11th July.
Morning Session – Cardiac
- Refresh 3D cardiac anatomy
- Describe the 4 basic sonographic views used in an echo examination
- Use a systematic approach to acquire the basic views of the heart
Afternoon Session – Nerve Blocks
- Identify normal landmarks for guiding regional anaesthesia for femoral, median and post tibial peripheral nerve block
- Describe the optimum patient positioning and needle approach for common injections
Morning tea & lunch provided.
Each module is valued at $500, however has been heavily subsidised by the GV Regional Training Hub. Cost for attendees is reduced to $100 per module.
Further Ultrasound Training scheduled in Shepparton 2 & 3 Oct and Echuca 16 & 17 Oct and will include the following modules.
- Lumps & Bumps
If you are interested in these additional modules, please contact Louise.Pearce@unimelb.edu.au